Oceanside Therapy Social Media Policy
The following are the guidelines Oceanside Therapy staff or contractors will follow when participating in social media. Social media includes personal blogs and other websites, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube or others. These guidelines apply whether staff and contractors are posting to their own sites or commenting on other sites:
1. Follow all applicable Oceanside Therapy policies, especially our privacy and confidentiality policies. For example, you must not share confidential or proprietary information about Oceanside Therapy and you must maintain client privacy.
2. Write in the first person. Where your connection to Oceanside Therapy is apparent, make it clear that you are speaking for yourself and not on behalf of Oceanside Therapy. In those circumstances, you should include this disclaimer: “The views expressed on this [blog; website] are my own and do not reflect the views of Oceanside Therapy.” Consider adding this language in an “About me” section of your blog or social media profile.
3. If you identify your affiliation to Oceanside Therapy, your social media activities should be consistent with our high standards of professional conduct.
4. If you communicate in the public internet about Oceanside Therapy or Oceanside Therapy-related matters, you must disclose your connection with and your role at Oceanside Therapy.
5. Be professional, use good judgment and be accurate and honest in your communications; errors, omissions or unprofessional language or behaviour reflect poorly on Oceanside Therapy, and may result in liability for you or Oceanside Therapy. Be respectful and professional to fellow employees, business partners, competitors and clients.
6. Ensure that your social media activity does not interfere with your work commitments.
7. Oceanside Therapy strongly discourages “friending” of clients on social media websites. Staff and contractors should not initiate or accept friend requests except in unusual circumstances such as the situation where an in-person friendship pre-dates the treatment relationship.
8. Unless approved by the Oceanside Therapy, your social media name, handle and URL should not include Oceanside Therapy’s name or logo.
If you have any questions about what is appropriate to include in your social media profile(s), contact Elina Falck.